Glitchy Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We will create games unimaginable. Insane. Impossible.™

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DFO Damage Types Guide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tonny258

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-27

DFO Damage Types Guide Empty
PostSubject: DFO Damage Types Guide   DFO Damage Types Guide I_icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar 2011, 3:27 am

I've read many postings here, and that i felt little uncomfortable after i read some comments about characters because there have been lots of subjective and any mistakes about it. (Please not just say to new people which character is good or easy). Of course the choice is yours which character you want to play first, but I’ll provide you with a little more information that might be useful to choose your first character. The dfo bot may useful. I won’t explain what forms of characters they are since AshForReals already did great jobs.

What’s fixed damage and percentage damage?

There are two kinds of skill damage in Dungeon and Fighter. Fixed and percentage damage skills. You can observe the red line about the picture above. That shows the harm from the skill. You can observe the percentage symbol right next to the damage. Which means this skill is a percentage damage skill. There isn’t any percentage symbol next to the damage on this pic. So this is a fixed damage skill.

What’s the difference?

This can be a sample status screen.1 is strength, 2 is physical damage, 3 is intelligence, and 4 is magic damage.Basically, fixed damage is just impacted by character’s strength and intelligence. For an example, let’s assume that there are two characters that have exactly same strength, but use different weapons. Even if one of these use stronger weapon, the skill damage would be exactly same when they make use of a same fixed damage skill of same level.

Known fixed damage calculating equation is fixed damage skill power* 1+(str or int/250) + (str or int/3) = Actual Fixed damage(You don’t have to know this. I just want to show that it’s only affected by str or int)

However, percentage damage is impacted by both strength and weapon’s damage. So you can basically result in the skill stronger and stronger by upgrading your weapon. Lower level character with high upgraded weapon can harm much more than higher-level character with non-upgraded weapon if they use percentage damage skills.

Known percentage damage calculating equation is Weapon damage * 1+(str or int/250) + additional damage( I’ll explain about it later) = physical damage on stat.(Physical damage on stat * percentage damage skill power) +(str or int/3) = actual percentage damage(Yes. Of course you don’t have to know this now).

Some of skills are mixture of fixed a portion skills like the picture above.

People may think that oh, percentage damage skills are better! That is not always true.

To begin with, it really is challenging the high upgraded weapon. It is lots of money to upgrade even one degree of your equipment, as well as there are high possibility that you could lose your weapon while you’re upgrading it because your weapon will be gone should you didn’t upgrade it following the +10 from the weapon (actually following the +7 for common & uncommon items, and +10 for the rare & unique items). Also, less than +7 upgraded weapons is generally not very stronger compared to non-upgraded weapon. So yes! You need a minimum of +7 upgraded weapon to determine the greater percentage skill damage clearly.

This can be a +11 lvl 55 rare beam sword. Price for Non-upgraded lvl 55 rare beam sword is about one million game money. AND +11 the first is more than 20 millions!

You may notice the picture above, the red line indicates the lvl from the weapon(how often you upgraded). 1 is exactly what the original physical damage the weapon has and 2 is what the additional damage added by upgrading.

Additional damage added by upgrading is special. This damage can ignore the enemies’ defense. As monster’s level gets higher, their defense, of course, increases as well. With the weapon on the picture, you are able to deal +241 additional damage forget the monster’s defense ability! If you are using non-upgraded weapon, it will likely be very hard to beat the enemies with higher defense, but it would be much simpler to beat them with high upgraded weapon.

Second, it isn’t always true, but normally fixed damage skills tend to be more stable than the percentage skills without upgraded weapon. Moreover, you can make the fixed damage stronger more easily by looking into making your character’s strength and intelligence higher. Additionally, it costs money however it is cheaper than upgrading weapons.

In conclusion, In my opinion it might be better that you select a character with lots of fixed damage skills should you just want to result in the character without investing lots of money. However, if you’re prepared to put a lot of money in one character, then you definitely should select a personality with lots of percentage damage skills!
Back to top Go down
Bretboy -admin-
Key Member
Key Member

Number of posts : 441
Job/hobbies : Programming, Game Development, Guitar, Parkour
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: DFO Damage Types Guide   DFO Damage Types Guide I_icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar 2011, 3:36 am

What's the point of this article?
-Bretboy129 ~ Bret Hudson
Back to top Go down
http://www.brethudson.com
Tonny258

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: DFO Damage Types Guide   DFO Damage Types Guide I_icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar 2011, 3:50 am

Are you play DFO?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DFO Damage Types Guide   DFO Damage Types Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DFO Damage Types Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Glitchy Games :: Santa22's Projects :: Black Blox :: Progress-
Jump to: